How To Get More Out Of Your Network
Wouldn’t it be nice to increase your donations without spending any money and get thousands of people to hear about you at the same time? It all comes down to getting more interaction out of your current supporter network.
Steps to Get More Out of Your Network
- Identify a few of your biggest annual donors.
- Ask them if they would be interested in using their annual donation amount (x) to go to your cause while also leveraging the rest of your network to get involved in helping spread the word about your amazing work.
- Post a video or powerful “call to action” on your social media about what you do or a specific campaign, with a link to your website.
- Share with your email subscribers that if your post gets 100 shares, one of your donors will donate (x) amount of money to your organization (this is the same donor that you talked to above in point 2).
Not only is this a unique way to get use your regular donor’s donation, but it is a great way to create a sense of urgency, inspire people to share your post, and gain a lot extra visibility.
THE EXPECTED IMPACT
- For every 1 person who shares your post, on average, 100 of their friends will also see it.
- Therefore, if 100 people share your post, then you can expect 10,000 people to see it.
- There is a good chance that a certain percentage of those 10,000 people get involved or engage with you—especially since they will tend to have a similar demographics and interests to your current network who just shared the post.
THE UNEXPECTED IMPACT
- A percentage of the original 100 people who shared your post will increase their donation in the future, as they feel closer to your organization than they would have otherwise.
- Your annual donors will also get excited to see their donations being used to inspire other people to give. As a result, we’ve seen that they are also more likely to give more next year.
- Ultimately, you’ll get free publicity on social media and your annual donations will increase.
By making the most of your current network, you’ll be able to expand your impact without expanding your budget.
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PROJECT WORLD IMPACT?