PAID SEARCH MARKETING 101: PART 3 OF 3
INTRODUCTION TO PAID SEARCH
Paid search gives you much greater control over the content displayed on the SERP and may be used to supplement exposure for keywords which are low-ranking in organic results – due to competitiveness or priority. PPC programs allow you to choose which keywords to bid on, craft your own ads, and choose which page searchers will be shown after clicking on an ad. As with SEO, PPC can become very complex at a professional level, but these fundamental best practices will help build a strong foundation:
- Learn the difference between broad, phrase, and exact match types for keywords. Google has a great explanation here.
- Use a keyword tool to build a keyword list and group similar keywords. Google’s keyword tool
- Use keywords in ad copy
- Make a compelling calls-to-action in your ads
- Review costs, quality score, and click-through rates regularly and make adjustments
Take your ads to the next level and try
- Dynamic keyword insertion
- Ad extensions
- Remarketing campaigns
YOU CAN DO IT!
Search engine marketing is an incredibly effective tool to have in your online marketing arsenal. With a basic understanding of what the moving parts are and how they work together, you are well on your way to success in search engine marketing.
Need help getting started? Email firstname.lastname@example.org